The development is proceeding of Library Hunter continues and I’ve finally some good news
I’ve completed the first version with working sync. I’ll have to insert some decent error management and conflict detection, but the data are finally syncing
The sync of Library Hunter uses Dropbox. This solution is much more flexible than old wifi-sync:
- Automatic: all your modification will be pushed and downloaded automatically
- Backup: you can reconstruct your library using only the info saved on Dropbox
- Network: You don’t need to have the syncing devices on the same network
- Firewall and routers: You’ll not have problems with firewalls and routers.
- Lists: You can sync also lists, smart-lists and folders.
- Support for both iOS and Mac: The same code works on both mac and iOS. (Ok this is an advantage only for me :p)
I’m not testing Library Hunter publicly yet, but I’d like to have more feedback on it (especially on the sync feature right now). So I’m looking for 4 beta-testers… To be a tester you:
- must have a dropbox account (Update: you don’t need the Dropbox app installed)
- must have 2 or more mac with Mountain Lion
- will have to write bug reports in English on the online bugtracker